Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's February!

Hello blog,

I really have no good excuses for not updating you!

I have been in a culinary rut since the new year. Over the holidays you pretty much eat all of the delicacies you desire and then in the new year you're just... bored/sick of food. That's how I've felt for about 2 months now. I really haven't "craved" anything so it's just the standard healthy/easy/quick convenient stuff. For example, we just ate the soup of health for the 2nd day in a row now...

I did try a new recipe a few weeks ago, but it's already been blogged about :) Steak tips with peppered mushroom gravy! My friend Carrie got this recipe from Cooking Light, and it was delicious! I made mine over whole wheat noodles with steamed broccoli on the side. I like to make the whole batch and freeze the leftovers for lunches, and it turned out great.

For a looong time I avoided beef. (I lied a minute ago... maybe I have been craving beef lately.) However, I've been trying to use only organic grassfed beef for health and ethical reasons. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my FAVORITE RESTAURANT, Moe's Southwest Grill, has a healthy/sustainability campaign going on!... they state they use no hormones in their chicken and that their beef is grass fed. I am impressed!! Check it out here: http://www.moes.com/mission/


You might remember my previous post with my goal to walk 500 miles this year (the Excel spreadsheet isn't working, sorry). I was off to a good start! However, this last weekend I got a combination of a stomach bug AND a nasty cold so it has put things to a halt for a bit. As of this point I should have walked 54 miles to be on track; I've only gone 41. If you miss a day or two it adds up. Hopefully I'll be back on track soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment