Thursday, February 16, 2012

Super easy pork tacos

Awhile back my mom bought me a few pounds of smoked pork butt from a local fundraiser. At first I was a little annoyed because there wasn't going to be a lot of room for it in my (already tiny) freezer. I cut it up in smaller portions and put in individual baggies and managed to cram it all in the freezer after feasting on it for a few days.

I have to say I am no longer annoyed because I came up with an amazingly quick and delicious thing to make with it!

Put 1 can of black beans (rinsed) and 1 can of diced tomatoes with chiles in a saucepan, add about 2 palm sizes of the BBQ pork, shredded (I half this and it feeds the two of us just right). Sprinkle with cumin and simmer until most of the tomato liquid is evaporated... I do it on low about 20 minutes. Serve on warmed tortillas with cheese or avocado. AMAZINGLY delicious and simple.

Any other ideas on using left over BBQ pork?

No comments:

Post a Comment